What happens if I don’t contact or pay you?
The last thing we want to do is take further action against you, so please contact us as soon as you can.
If we don’t hear from you we will:
- Contact you using the details you have provided
- Pass your account to a debt-collection agency
- Get a warrant to enter your home and fit a pay as you go meter, as long as it’s safe to do so
- If you don’t pay and we’re unable to fit a pay as you go meter, we can disconnect your supply. But this isn’t something we’ll do lightly. We will take all reasonable steps not to disconnect the supply during the months of October to March if one of the house occupants is disabled, chronically sick or of pension age.
- You will not be disconnected due to debt in winter if you are of pensionable age living alone or only with others who are all of pensionable age/under 18 years.