Free Gas Safety Checks
We offer gas safety check free of charge to customers who satisfy the following:
- Have requested a safety check
- Are in receipt of a means-tested benefit
- Do not occupy a property where the landlord is responsible for arranging the check
- Have not had a safety check at the same property in the last 12 months
In addition, the customer must either:
- Lives with at least one child under five, or:
- Be of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either Living alone, or living with others who are all of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or under the age of 18.
This must be carried out by a qualified gas safe engineer, and include checks on the safety of gas appliances and other gas fittings on the customer’s premises. Any gas appliance checks must include an examination of:
- The effectiveness of any flue
- The supply of combustion air
- Its operating pressure, heat input or both
- Its operation for safe functioning.