Smart Meters – the easy way to control your usage
Smart meters are the new generation of gas and electricity meters being rolled out across Great Britain.
They show you how much energy you are using in pounds and pence, in near real time and bring an end to estimated bills so you can keep better control on how much you are spending on your energy.
Smart meters measure how much gas and electricity you’re using, as well as what it’s costing you, and display this on a handy in-home display (IHD).
They also send automatic meter readings so you will receive accurate, not estimated bills.
Benefits of smart meters
- Help you see exactly how much energy you use- so you don’t need to worry about estimated bills or inaccurate meter readings
- Help you stay in control of your energy costs- you can apply our energy saving tips to use your home appliances efficiently.
- If you reduce your usage you can see it immediately on your energy monitor and your bills will be lower
- Pay As You Go customers can see their usage on the monitor display, including their credit level and they can be programmed to warn you if you’re close to your credit limit.
- Easy to top up your smart pay as you go card can be used to top up online, over the phone or at nearest Paypoint retailer.
Top up options
Top-up in person
Take your top-up card to any PayPoint outlet. It is very important that you keep your receipt for your top-up. You can find your nearest PayPoint retailer here.
To top-up online go to www.angelicenergy.co.uk/smart-payments and follow the instructions on screen.
Top-up over the phone
Call our freephone number on 0800 169 0220 to make a payment.
Your minimum top-up per fuel is £5 so you’ll need to top-up £5 on gas and £5 on electricity to get started.
Using your Smart Meter
If you’d like further information on your Angelic Energy smart meter then download our guide here.
Smart Metering Installation Code of Practice
The Smart Metering Code of Practice (SMICoP) is the set of rules or standards that all energy suppliers must follow when installing a new Smart Meter. You can read the full SMICoP or find out more by visiting the SMICoP website.
For more information on SMICoP you can download information here.
We’re here for you
If there’s anything that you’d like more information on, or if there’s anything else we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 0800 169 0220 or e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org